We have shipped RefinedTheme for Jira Service Desk 1.2 with a new selection of carefully curated features. These features give you the flexibility to customize and fit Jira Service Desk Customer portals to your purpose, and to your users, without needing to code. The combination of theming, content layout choice, and extensive self service make for a sound IT service solution.
RefinedTheme for Jira Service Desk 1.2 ships with:
- Added flexibility
- Permissions on customer portal sections
- Additional modules to build a customer portal
- Improvements to recommended links
- Changeable font color
Added flexibility with RefinedTheme for Jira Service Desk
Using our app, the help center (landing page) for the customer portal and individual customer portals have content layout editors giving you the flexibility to add quick links to relevant content or display relevant content. Content is built on sections. We call these content elements modules which sit inside sections. RefinedTheme for Jira Service Desk includes a large selection of handy modules including quick navigation icons, search highlights, request types, navigation content (just to name a few). The latest release adds more module options to build up your customer portals, as well as new permissions to tailor a the content to the user on the portal.
Permissions on customer portal sections
You can now manage exactly which users will see which sections on a customer portals. For instance you could give all "Jira-Service-Desk users" permission to view knowledge base links but not allow "hr-managers" to view that section. This means that a customer portal can be fitted out specifically for your users by displaying the content that is helpful and relevant to that user and hiding the content that is irrelevant.
Additional modules to build a customer portal
We introduce My Requests as a module. My Requests displays a customer's open tickets on a customer portal (when they login).
We also introduce Knowledge Base modules, which directly display links to pages/articles on a Confluence instance. Furthermore knowledge base articles can be displayed in a popup on the portal with a neat wide screen and a link tot he original article.
Improvements to Recommended Links
Recommended links are links agents manually add to search results in order to direct customers to relevant and useful content both internally and externally. For example, if a user on our support site searches for "pricing" they will get hits for the Atlassian Marketplace pricing (manually added by our agents, and publicly viewable). In this release we have three improvements to recommended links including analytics, multi match and recommended link in the agent issue view.
- In order to manage effectively how often recommended links are being used, the agents, managers and administrators now get a count for the number of clicks on a link and the date it was last clicked. The agent can view the count in the Projects section of Jira, while administrator and IT managers can view it in both the Projects and Theme Configuration.
- It is possible to add match words to recommended links to account for the multiple search terms a customer might use to search for an item.
- In the agent view of a ticket, we include "related recommended links" where the agent can see if another agent has already added a related recommended link.
Changeable font colour
Sometimes it's the details that matter. This new release provides the option of changing the font colour on highlight modules.
Read more about the 1.2 release on our documentation, upgrade your current RefinedTheme for Jira Service Desk license or if you're new to theming Jira Service Desk free trial our app on the Atlassian Marketplace.